We are excited to announce that The 2019 Edition of Georgian International Model United Nations Conference will be held in the Seaside Resort of Batumi, Georgia! The date being 28-30th of June!
GIMUN Batumi 2019 Conference is co-organized with International Model United Nations Association (IMUNA) based in New York, United States. The conference will be visited by the Executive-Director of IMUNA, Mr. Christopher Talamo from New York.
GIMUN Batumi 2019 Conference will be a three-day United Nations simulation for high school and university students. The conference will give you a chance to involve into the workings of the United Nations and the dynamics of international relations by assuming the roles of world leaders and international decision makers. GIMUN is an exciting opportunity for young leaders to debate the most pressing issues of the day and to draft innovative, creative solutions.
GIMUN Batumi 2019 Conference will host around 300 high school and university students across the world and give them the opportunity to debate upon important international issues posing veritable challenges to the world today.
Kant’s Academy already hosted the First International Model United Nations Conference in Tbilisi, Georgia, in 2018. The conference had up to 200 participants from 15 countries. The conference was held at Biltmore Hotel Tbilisi and the General Assembly was hosted by Tbilisi City Assembly. The participants were received by the President of Georgia Mr. Giorgi Margvelashvili, who addressed the participants and discussed vital issues regarding the current geopolitical atmosphere.
Conference Committee Year Topic
- CSW: Commission on the Status of Women
- ECOFIN: Economic and Financial Committee
- UNPBC: UN Peacebuilding Commission
- SOCHUM: Social, Humanitarian and Cultural Committee
- UNESCO: UN Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization
- UNHRC: UN Human Rights Council
- UNESCAP: UN Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific
- WHO: World Health Organization
- DISEC: Disarmament & International Security Committee
- UNEP: UN Environment Programme